Wireless combined smoke and heat detector
It is used to detect fire hazards in the interior of residential or commercial buildings. The detector can be installed in mobile homes or caravans. The product is not designed to be installed in industrial premises.
The JA-85ST detector uses wireless communication and it is powered with three AA batteries. The detector indicates a fire hazard using the built-in LED indicator and acoustic signalling.
The JA-85ST consists of two independent detectors – an optical smoke detector and a heat detector. The optical smoke detector works on the principle of scattered light. It is very sensitive to large dust particles which are present in dense smoke. It is less sensitive to smaller particles generated by the combustion of liquids such as alcohol. That is why the fire detector also contains a built-in heat detector which has a slower reaction but is much better at detecting fire which generates only a small amount of smoke.
- Power: 3 x AA 1.5 V / 2.4 Ah alkaline batteries
- Typical lifetime: approx. 3 years
- Smoke detection: optical light scattering
- Smoke detector sensitivity: m = 0.11 - 0.13 dB/m
- Pursuant to: EN 14604, EN 54-7
- Heat detection: class A1 according to EN 54-5
- Alarm temperature: + 60 °C to +65 °C
- Communication band: 868.5 MHz, Oasis protocol
- Communication range: approx. 300 m (unrestricted area)
- Dimensions: diameter 126 mm, height 50 mm
- Weight: 150 g
- Operating temperature range: -10 °C to +65 °C
- Also complies with: EN 54-25, ETSI EN 300 220, EN 60950-1, EN 50130-4 and EN 55022